Valentine's Day Sheet Pan Pancake
What better way to kick off Valentine’s Day than with some pancakes in bed?!
I’m inviting you to give your favourite pancakes a special twist with this YUMO Sheet Pan Pancake recipe! All you have to do is mix, pop into the oven, cut into squares and serve with some yummy peanut butter and honey. Go ahead and spoil your special someone (or yourself) this Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s Day Sheet Pan Pancakes
1 Cup Brown Rice Flour
½ Cup of Oat Flour (If you don’t have Oat flour, just blitz some rolled oats in a blender)
3 tsp. Baking Powder
½ tsp. Baking Soda
Zest of 1 medium sized lemon
⅓ Cup Coconut sugar (If you do like your pancakes a little sweeter add a bit more sugar or honey)
1 tsp. Vanilla Essence
1¼ cup Almond Milk (Or any Milk alternative you prefer)
1 XL Egg
2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
¼ cup Greek Yoghurt
*Note: The above quantities make four big pancakes in a small square cake tin for two people. If you are serving a lot of people just double up the recipe and use a normal sized oven tray pan and then cut into squares.
- Put all your dry ingredients (Brown rice flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, lemon zest and sugar) together in a mixing bowl and mix together with a spoon or fork.
- Whisk all your wet ingredients (Vanilla essence, Almond milk, egg, coconut oil and Greek yoghurt) together in a separate mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the middle of your dry ingredients and pour the other wet mixture into the centre.
- Whisk together all the ingredients until smooth with no lumps.
- Leave your mixture in the fridge to thicken for about 20 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 170°
- Prepare your baking sheet pan by lining it with baking paper or grease generously with coconut oil or butter to make sure it doesn’t stick. (For this mixture, you will need a small square cake sheet pan or you can double up the recipe and fill up a big oven tray pan)
- Once you are ready to cook your sheet pan pancake, take the mixture out of fridge and add in berries of your choice (Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries) and mix it in.
- Pour your mixture evenly in the oven pan and then bake for 20 minutes, checking every few minutes to make sure it doesn’t overcook. If the mixture has not completely set leave in the oven for an additional 10 minutes or until set and golden brown.
- *Note: We cooked the sheet pan pancake for the first 10 minutes covered in tin foil to help the pancake rise and become light and fluffy but this is optional.
- Cut your sheet pan pancake into equal portions and serve with the topping of your choice (We used: organic peanut butter, honey, fruit and a dollop of Greek yoghurt)
- Serve this to your loved one as a special delicious breakfast in bed and you are sure to score some major brownie points!
- Keep your eyes open for our Healthy Girl romantic Valentine’s Day dinner recipe coming soon!
- I would love to know what you think of this recipe and if you tried it out in the comments below. It makes me so happy seeing your Healthy Girl inspired recipes – don’t forget to tag me in your creations @healthygirl_with_a_sweettooth!
With love from me to you,