The Best Banana Bread Recipe Ever
If you have been on the hunt for a totally satisfying and, of course, healthy banana bread recipe (like me) then look NO further – I have found the PERFECT recipe for us, Gorgeous!
While scrolling through social media earlier this week I stumbled across this fabulous recipe and I really liked it because:
1. I had most of the ingredients in my pantry.
2. It looked super easy to make (BIG plus – because to me cooking/baking/food must be simple).
3. It was affordable!
That same afternoon I tested out the recipe and from the second I sliced the first piece I knew that I had FINALLY found the ultimate healthy banana bread recipe to satisfy my craving. A very big thank you to Grant and Bianca from Health On Broadway for creating this recipe. It’s an absolute winner and I am very excited to be sharing this on the Healthy Girl blog this today… YAY!
The Best Banana Bread Recipe EVER!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs, organic or free range if possible
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup nut butter (almond, peanut or macadamia)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla seeds, optional
- 4 – 6 chopped dates
- 1 handful chopped almonds or others nuts of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Lightly oil a standard loaf tin with some coconut oil, coconut spray or non-stick baking spray of your choice.
- In a mixing bowl mash the bananas and then add the rest of the wet ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Next, add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture (except for the dates and chopped nuts). Whisky/stir until well combined.
- Fold in the chopped dates and nuts.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Once cooked, remove the loaf from the oven and allow it to cool in the tin.
- Remove the loaf from the tin.
- Slice and serve with some delicious healthy toppings of your choice (yoghurt, fruit, honey, maple syrup or nut butter – the options are endless).
If you would like to try out some more of Health On Broadway’s AMAZE healthy recipes OR view their awesome selection of health products & foods stocked in store, follow the link to their Facebook page here.
I would love to know what you think of this recipe and if you tried it out in the comments below!