Simply Delicious Coconut and Almond Cookies
Crispy on the outside yet OH-SO soft and gooey on the inside – these Simply Delicious Coconut and Almond Cookies are the ultimate healthy tea time treat!
Perfectly paired with an insanely delicious healthy chocolate drizzle (seriously, you will want to lick the bowl), GOOD LUCK trying to not eat them all at once!
Simply Delicious Coconut & Almond Cookies
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 large free range egg
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk, warmed
- 4 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil, softened not melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1 heaped tsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- Handful raw pistachio, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and pulse until a sticky consistency forms (this can be mixed manually in a bowl if you don’t have a food processor).
- If the mixture seems TOO sticky, you can add an extra tablespoon of coconut flour to make the dough easier to shape.
- Roll the dough into 8 equals balls and place onto the lined tray. Using two fingers, gently flatten the balls until they form thick round biscuits.
- Bake for about 12-15 mins until golden brown along the edges.
Icing & topping
- Combine all the icing ingredients into a glass bowl.
- Place over a pot of simmering water and stir gently until melted and combined.
- Remove from the heat and dip the one end of the cookie into the icing or you can drizzle over the top. This is completely up to you…get creative!
- Lastly, sprinkle the chopped pistachios and desiccated coconut onto the icing to ensure it sticks.
- These can be kept for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
I would love to know what you think of this recipe and if your tried it out in the comments below. Seeing your Healthy Girl inspired recipes makes me SO happy – be sure to tag me in your creations @healthygirl_with_a_sweettooth!