ROOIBOS TEA INFUSED OATS
A delicious, easy and heart-warming breakfast recipe to get your day started off with a spring in your step!
1/3 cup of rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons of oat bran (*optional – I like using oat bran to add some extra thickness to my oats)
- 2 rooibos tea bags
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pinch of vanilla powder/essence
- *Optional – vanilla protein powder
- Topping ideas: roasted flaked almonds, maple syrup or honey
- The night before, boil some water in a kettle. Once the water is boiled place your 2 rooibos tea bags into a mug and fill with hot water. Allow the tea to sit for a couple of minutes.
- While your tea is brewing place 1/3 cup of rolled oats with 2 tablespoons of oat bran into a container/bowl (preferably glass).
- Remove the rooibos tea bags from your mug and pour 2/3 cups of the rooibos tea into your oats (2 parts water to one part oats). There will be some tea left in your mug.
- Using a spoon, mix your oats together with the rooibos tea. Add your honey and cinnamon at this stage. Cover your container and place the oats and your left over tea into the fridge overnight.
- In the morning pour your overnight oats along with the extra tea, almond butter and vanilla into a small pot. Bring your oats to a boil and then simmer on a low heat for about 5 minutes. Stir your oats regularly until they reach a creamy consistency.
- While your oats are cooking place some flaked almond on to a pan and toast them for a couple of minutes, until golden brown.
- If you want to add some vanilla protein powder to your oats you can do so at this stage.
- Pour your oats into a bowl, top with your roasted flaked almonds and some additional honey/maple syrup if your want some extra sweetness.
I would love to know what you think of this recipe and if your try it out in the comments below! Be sociable and share this recipe if you love it.