Roasted Pumpkin and Haloumi plus Delicious Dressing
If you are looking to impress at lunch and dinner parties this festive season then look no further than this Roasted Pumpkin and Haloumi cheese side accompanied by the mot delicious dressing EVER – once you try it you will see what I mean! 🙂
Roasted Pumpkin and Haloumi plus Delicious Dressing:
- 1 kg pumpkin wedges or diced pumpkin if you prefer
- 100ml olive oil (40ml for roasting and 60ml for dressing)
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup coriander
- ¼ cup Italian parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil (remainder)
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 green chilli (depending on hotness)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 150g haloumi cheese, fried in a pan with some olive oil
- Pumpkin seeds, raw or toasted
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Baste the pumpkin wedges with the olive oil, cinnamon and salt
- Transfer to a baking tray and roast for 40-60 mins until soft and golden.
- To make the dressing, transfer all the ingredients to a blender and blend until combined and smooth.
- Once the pumpkin is ready, remove and allow to cool for 5 mins.
- Assemble all the components together (pumpkin, halloumi and pumpkin seeds). Pour over the dressing and enjoy as a side with your choice of protein.
I would love to know what you think of this recipe, and if you tried it out, in the comments below! It makes me SO happy to see your Healthy Girl inspired recipes – don’t forget to tag me in your creations @healthygirl_with_a_sweettooth.