RISE & SHINE! IT’S BREAKFAST TIME!
All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast I am sure that you have all heard it before at some point, BUT breakfast truly is the most important meal of the day and you should never, EVER skip it!
Breakfast helps to get your metabolism going. When you sleep your body goes into a fastest state and as a result your metabolic rate slows down. By eating the right breakfast you help give yourself the energy needed for the day ahead! There is also plenty of evidence that shows eating breakfast aids in weight control, reduces poor eating choices later in the day and it improves your daily performance!
Now if you have ever googled The healthiest breakfast to eat or you have asked around, you would have most probably have found that everyone has conflicting opinions. It can be completely overwhelming to decide what options are best! Its important to remember that everyone is different and that some trial and error is needed to see what suits your body best. However, in my personal experience I find that its necessary to fuel your body with quality protein, the right carbohydrate and healthy fat first thing in the morning to get you off on a good start.
Here are some of my favourite Healthy Girl breakfasts (see below for recipes):
1. Healthy Girl Signature Pancakes Who doesnt wish that they could have pancakes for breakfast everyday?! My Healthy Girl Signature Pancakes are super easy to make and they are completely guilt free! Everyday can be a pancake day! The recipe is under the pancake category on my website. If you do not have time to make pancakes in the morning I have some MORE great news you can double, even triple the recipe, make a big batch, keep them in the fridge for a couple of days and simply heat them up in the morning. You can even eat them cold! The toppings are endless but my personal favourites are cinnamon with a touch of Solal Naturally Sweet sweetener and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice or simply just with a tablespoon of almond butter!
2. Protein Oats Proats are an excellent option for anyone who has limited time in the morning. Simply add ½ cup of rolled oats with about 1 cup of water and cook in the microwave for about 1 1.5 minutes. Once cooked, add your favourite whey protein powder. You can get really creative and add mixed nuts, fruits, coconut shreds or nut butters the options are endless!
3. Poached Eggs Eggs for breakfast are always a WINNER! Pop a slice of 100% rye bread into the toaster and poach your egg. Feel free to add about ¼ of a smashed avocado with some black pepper or add some of your favourite veggies. I love adding some tomatoes, spinach or mushrooms to mine. A dash of pesto is also really good with this combination!
4. Omelette Omlettes are great because you can mix it up with different healthy toppings to keep you nourished and at the same time make sure that you do not get bored. All you need is 2 whole eggs whisked together with a dash of water or milk of your choice and cook this mixture on a nonstick cooking pan. Some of my favourite fillings are chopped broccoli, crumbled goats feta cheese, mixed peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach. Add a slice of 100% rye toast and you are good to go!
5. Homemade Peanut Butter Bomb Smoothie I love smoothies! Not only are they delicious but also super quick and easy to make. All you need is 1 scoop of a chocolate whey protein powder, a handful of ice cubes, 1 cup of water, ½ cup of milk of your choice/ Greek yogurt, a dash of raw honey if you want some extra sweetness, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (you can use an alternative nut butter if you are not a fan of peanut butter) and ½ a banana.
Im feeling hungry now after typing this out!