Peanut Butter Chia Seed Balls
“Tastes so good it surely can’t be healthy?!” is usually the first response that I get when my family and friends try these Healthy Girl Peanut Butter Chia Seed Balls.
Ingredients: (Makes 15 balls)
- 1 cup of natural/ sugar-free peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of organic maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips/finely chopped dark chocolate
- Prepare a medium-sized board/plate with wax paper.
- In a mixing bowl place your chia seeds and maple syrup. Stir together with a spoon.
- Add your peanut butter to the mixture and combine well.
- Lastly, add your coconut flour until the mixture has reached a “dough” like consistency that allows for rolling.
- Roll the dough into 15 balls.
- Place all the balls onto your board/plate covered with wax paper and pop into the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Just before you remove the balls from the fridge begin to melt your dark chocolate chips until smooth.
- Take your chia balls out of the fridge and dunk in your chocolate sauce. Make sure the entire surface of the ball is covered before you return it to the wax paper.
- Once all your chia balls are covered in chocolate allow them to set for a few minutes.
I would love to know what you think of this recipe and if you try it out in the comments below!