Peanut Butter Bliss Shake
Happy Fri-YAY !!!
Here is a special recipe for all the peanut butter lovers out there! I made myself this YUMMY Healthy Girl Peanut Butter Bliss Shake this morning after my workout AND I am about to deliver a takeaway to my handsome hubby too!
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of rolled oats
- 2/3 cup of almond milk/filtered water
- 1 medium fresh/frozen banana (your choice)
- 1 tablespoon of natural/no added salt or sugar peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder (you can substitute this with chocolate whey/pea protein powder, carob powder or good quality cocoa powder)
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey *optional
- Coconut shavings for topping
- Place your chia seeds and oats into a glass jar. Add your almond milk/water and stir together well.
- Close the glass jar and put into the fridge to soak overnight or for a couple of hours (this allows the mixture to become chilled and for the chia seeds to thicken up).
- Remove the glass jar from the fridge and place contents into a blender. Add your peanut butter, banana, honey and cacao powder. Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- I usually prefer my smoothies to be a little thicker but if you want yours to be a bit thinner add some more water or almond milk until you reach your desired consistency.
- Top with some coconut shavings.
I would love to know what you think of this recipe and if you try it out in the comments below.