My Top FESTIVE SEASON Tips
Tis’ the season to be JOLLY, Beautiful!
Our everyday routines have officially been shaken up, remembering which day of the week it is has become sliiiiiiiightly tricky and the celebrations are getting into FULL swing – HELLO festive season!
Before the festivities kick into serious gear, I just wanted to take a second to remind you that this time of year really isn’t about blowing it, really isn’t about depriving, really isn’t about being perfect AND LETS BE HONEST GURL, it really isn’t about sticking to your everyday routine and habits 100% either.
I know that this time of year can often bring about a lot of stress and guilt amongst us women. We put pressure on ourselves to either try stick to our routines OR if things don’t go according to “plan” we beat ourselves up and can get caught up in quite a negative and toxic mindset.
My online clients know this, because I say it A LOT in their weekly check ins, “In between goals is a thing called life that needs to be lived and ENJOYED”
The festive season shouldn’t be about guilt and shame… NOT AT ALL! What’s the point of living a lifestyle where you cannot work hard AND enjoy yourself too?! There is SO more to life than stressing about food, training, your body or being perfect! Food guilt, self-bullying or food shaming does A LOT more harm to your health and goals in comparison to feeling bloated, missing a few workouts or over indulging here and there during the festive season! LET IT GO and move on – it’s not the be all and end all.
Why not rather:
- Simply do the best you can
- Be mindful
- Practice your healthy and happy lifestyle habits where possible
- Give yourself some grace
- Have FUN!
In the bigger picture, the festive season is SO small. REMEMBER: It’s not about being perfect, it’s about being consistent! I understand that finding the “balance” can be hard at this time of year but there is no need to have an all or nothing mindset. One day/s, a week/s is NOT the end of the world AND when you realize that… MAGIC happens!
P.S. Once the holidays are over, when it’s all said and done, you get back into your *amazing routine (which you miss so much at the end of the holidays) AND EVERYTHING falls back into place in NO time – that much I promise you!
*NOTE what I have said here, don’t fall into the negative trap of getting back home after the holidays in panic mode thinking you need to over train and starve yourself to “undo” the holidays. That’s a BIG NO NO at Team HG! Just go back into your amazing routine (lifestyle) that you LOOOOOVE and it will all take care of itself… DEEP BREATH!
My Personal Fav Festive Season Tips:
- Don’t Beat Yourself Up– There is NOTHING wrong with relaxing, being a bit out of routine and indulging a bit over the festive season! It is a wonderful time of the year to rejuvenate and enjoy time with your loved ones.
- Keep Active– I LOVE being active during the holidays. If I am able to get to the gym, GREAT! If not, I make sure I have a few simple pieces of equipment with me and a body weight / minimal equipment needed workout on hand that I can do anywhere. I also try my best to workout first thing in the morning BECAUSE then it’s DONE and what better way to start the day? If you are traveling – make the most of being able to walk (get your steps in), hike, swim or any other fun activity that is available to you!
- Be Prepared Where Possible – Hitting your nutrition goals whilst on holiday can be a struggle which is why I always make sure that I have a good quality protein shake and some healthier protein rich snacks on hand to keep me fueled. A little bit of preparation goes a long WHEY – see what I did there 😉 This festive season – I have my Youthful Living Hazelnut Whey Gourmet (click here) OR Whey Rejuv (click here) on hand at all times! This helps me to make sure that I get my protein in straight after my daily workout no matter where I am. I also keep a little stash of my fav YL Keto Collagen Bars (click here) , Almond Nut and Fruit Bars (click here) PLUS Protein Almonds (click here) on hand to help curb cravings and keep me full in case I haven’t been able to get access to a meal just yet! LIFE SAVERS !!!
- Drink Your Water– Aim to have about 2 – 3 liters of water a day.
- Positive Affirmations – Instead of focusing on the negative – find positives, focus on the special time you are having with family and friends, be kind to your body, appreciate and enjoy where you are, reflect on your achievements and growth this year!
MOST IMPORTANT, Beautiful! Don’t forget what the holidays are about – celebrating and spending time with your loved ones, relaxing, enjoying yourself, practicing self-care, listening to your body and making sure that your cup is recharged and FULL going into the new year!
I would love to know what you think of this blog and if you found it helpful in the comments below! As always, if you have any questions – please don’t hesitate to contact me!
Don’t forget to use my SPECIAL YL discount coupon: HG001 which will give you 10% off when you shop online at https://youthfulliving.co.za (shop now) Youthful Living products are also sold at Dischem stores nationwide… YAAAAAAAY!
Merry Everything & a Happy Always
NOTE: This post is sponsored by YOUTHFUL LIVING. I only ever recommend products and services that I have tried, tested and have genuinely fallen in love with. All opinions are mine. Thank you for supporting the business that makes The Healthy Girl Blog possible.