Healthy Girl Signature Protein Balls
Happy Chooseday Sweethearts,
Over the last couple of weeks I have had quite a few requests for this recipe. It makes me SO happy to know that Healthy Girl followers love these little treats just as much as I do. This was my first EVER Healthy Girl recipe and has a special place in my heart!
Makes: 6-8 Balls
- 1 tbs raw cacao powder
- 1 tbs natural or no added salt sugar peanut butter
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder.
- ½ cup rolled oats (you can use gluten free if preferred)
- 1.5 tablespoons of coconut oil (melted)
- Desiccated coconut (for rolling)
- Place raw cacao powder, peanut butter, whey protein powder and oats into a mixing bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together either using a spoon or your hands.
- Lastly, add the coconut oil. This will help the mixture to stick together (If the mixture is too dry, add some more coconut oil).
- Roll mixture into 6 – 8 balls (the amount of balls will depend on how big or small your roll them).
- Once the balls have been rolled, place the desiccated coconut onto a side plate.
- Roll each ball in the desiccated coconut.
- Place balls into an airtight container and refrigerate for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Once set, remove the protein balls out of refrigerator.
- Serve them right away or alternatively they will last in the fridge for a few days.
- Try not eat them all at once!
I would love to know what you think of this recipe and if you try it out in the comments below!