Green Smoothie Bowl
This gorgeous green bowl is the PERFECT energising and nourishing start to your day. Made up of a fantastic combination of ingredients this smoothie bowl tastes tropical and fresh. I made this as my Sunday morning breakfast and I felt fab afterwards.
(Makes 1 generous bowl – it can also be shared between 2)
- 1 cup kale
- 1/2 cup cashew milk (or your favourite non-dairy milk or water)
- 2 large frozen bananas
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 teaspoon spirulina (optional)
- MoonBean Unbakery Cacao Superfoods Grawnola* Read below for more about the awesome MoonBean Unbakery!
- 1/2 banana, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Blend the kale and cashew milk in a blender until smooth, about 30 seconds
- Add the frozen bananas, pineapple chunks (and spirulina if you choose to add it) to the kale and cashew milk mix and blend until it is thick and creamy.
- Pour your smoothie in a bowl and place toppings on top as desired
MoonBean snacks are handcrafted in small batches and are only made from raw plant-based foods. Their products are filled with wholesome functional ingredients and contain no cheap fillers, providing their customers with the most well-balanced and nutritionally dense snacks possible!
They have a beautiful range of macaroons and grawnola (get it? Raw granola? How cute!?) which are all raw, gluten free, dairy free, cane sugar free and egg free! I particularly love their Cacao Superfood Grawnola – you can definitely taste the goodness!
For more information or to order MoonBean online, you can visit their website on www.moonbeanunbakery.co.za
Thank you to MoonBean for this AMAZING summer recipe – just what a Healthy Girl needs! I would love to know what you think of this recipe and if you try it out in the comments below.