Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
Happy Monday Beauties,
As you will all notice from my Instagram lately I am completely obsessed with smoothie bowls for breakfast! Happiness is waking up to a super DEVINE and healthy brekkie which is SO easy to make.
Brace yourselves for… Healthy Girl Chocolate Smoothie bowl AMAZINGNESS! I am addicted to this recipe and make it every morning!
- 1/3 cup of rolled oats
- 1.5 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2/3 cup of filtered water OR 1/3 cup almond milk + 1/3 cup of filtered water
- 1 scoop of chocolate whey/pea protein powder
- 1/4 frozen banana
- 2 small handfuls of blueberries/4 medium strawberries
- Pour your oats and chia seeds into a glass jar.
- Add your liquid (filtered water/almond milk) and then, using a spoon, give the oats, chia seeds and liquid a good mix.
- Peel a banana and slice it into quarters. Place the banana quarters into a ziplock bag and then into the freezer (you can keep your frozen banana pieces in the freezer throughout the week – that way in the morning you just take them out hassle-free).
- Close the glass jar with a lid and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning, remove the glass jar from the fridge and take one banana quarter out of your zip lock bag in the freezer.
- Wash your blueberries/strawberries.
- Place the soaked oats and chia seeds, banana, chocolate whey/pea protein powder and blueberries/strawberries in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour into a serving bowl.
I would love to know what you think of this recipe and if you try it out in the comments below (I STRONGLY suggest that you make this at home). YUMMY!