CHOCOLATE QUINOA PORRIDGE WITH RASPBERRIES
This Healthy Girl Chocolate Quinoa Porridge recipe is a delicious (and of course super healthy) breakie dish! Have you tried making a quinoa porridge at home before? I am a big fan of traditional oat porridge but I find that using quinoa instead is a great alternative PLUS (as most of you will know) quinoa is a complete protein which makes it a perfect food to help kickstart your day!
Chocolate Quinoa Porridge with Raspberries
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 – ½ cup coconut milk / milk of choice
- 1 tbsp Macadamia nut butter / nut butter of choice
- ½ serving chocolate protein powder or 1- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp honey/maple syrup, you can add a bit more depending on your sweetness preference
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
Topping: Raspberries, nuts, seeds or granola! Have fun an make it your own
- Rinse quinoa under cold water.
- Bring one cup of water to the boil in a saucepan and then add your quinoa.
- Let the quinoa boil for a couple of minutes before bringing it down to a simmer (on a low to medium heat).
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and cook the quinoa for 15 minutes (or until all the water has been absorbed).
- Once the quinoa is cooked, fluff it up with a fork and then add your nut butter, honey, cinnamon and chocolate protein/cacao powder.
- Next, add your add coconut milk.
- Mix together until well combined. Leave the porridge to sit for about 5 minutes to absorb all the flavours.
- Top your beautiful quinoa porridge with raspberries and any other extras that you like.
I would love to know what you think of this recipe and if you try it out in the comments below!