CHOCOLATE PROTEIN PANCAKES
Happy Humpday, Darlings!
As some of your might have known, yesterday, the 17th of February 2015 was Pancake Day…. YAAAAAAAAAY!
To celebrate this awesome occasion I decided to whip up a batch of Healthy Girl Chocolate Protein Pancakes last night for myself and my hubby to enjoy. It must have only taken me about 10 minutes to put this yummy treat together, what a pleasure!
Makes: 6 pancakes
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of cacao infused almond milk/almond milk
- 1/3 cup of oat flour
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate whey/pea protein powder
- 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate whey/pea protein powder
- 3 strawberries cut into half lengthways
- Prepare a pan with a non-stick cooking spray and then place over a low to medium heat on a stove to warm up.
- Place all your pancakes ingredients into a mixing bowl and blend together until smooth and well combined.
- While your pan is still heating up, mix your topping ingredients (Greek yogurt and chocolate whey/pea protein powder) together until smooth. Cut your strawberries lengthways and set aside.
- Now that your pancake batter and your pan is ready, pour two tablespoons of the batter onto the pan. The pancakes cook fairly quickly – as soon as your see air bubbles opening on the surface flip the pancake and cook on the other side briefly.
- Repeat this step until all the batter is finished and you are left with 6 chocolate protein pancakes.
- Now for the fun part! Decor your pancakes with your topping.
I would love to know what you think of this recipe and if you try it out in the comments below!