Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Chocolate. Peanut Butter. Banana. YUM!!!
All you need is ONE of these decadent Healthy Girl Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups to put that sweet tooth to rest!
Be assured that all the ingredients used to create these tasty cups are nutrient-rich. This means that you are providing your body with some of the macronutrients, vitamins and minerals needed to function effectively rather than a sugar spike!
Makes: 5 Cups
- 100g cacao paste
- 50g of cacao butter
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of honey (depending on your sweetness levels)
- a pinch of vanilla powder
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1/2 large banana (mashed)
- 2 tablespoons of natural, no added salt or sugar peanut butter
- Melt your cacao paste and cacao butter.
- Add your honey and vanilla powder and mix until all ingredients are smooth and well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix your mashed banana and peanut butter together until creamy.
- Get 5 silicone cupcake holders out and spoon 3 tablespoons of the chocolate sauce into each of the holders.
- Next place about one heaped teaspoon of the peanut butter filling into the centre of the holder.
- Lastly, top each cup with the remaining chocolate sauce (about three tablespoons each). Make sure that the peanut butter filling has been covered up.
- Place the cups into the fridge to set for at least an hour.
I would love to know what you think of this recipe and if you try it out in the comments below!