Cauliflower & Quinoa Burger Patties
Give your homemade burgers a special meatless veggie twist with this AMAZING Cauliflower and Quinoa pattie recipe!
Cauliflower and Quinoa Burger Patties
Makes: 9 Patties
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 ½ cup water
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Spice blend – chilli flakes, black pepper, cayenne and cumin (to your taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup psyllium husk
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cook the quinoa as per the packet instructions.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, set aside.
- In a food processor, blend the cauliflower until it resembles cauliflower rice.
- Place the blended cauliflower into a baking tray, drizzle over the olive oil and season.
- Roast for 20-25 mins until golden brown. Remove and cool for 10 mins.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Form 9 medium sized patties.
- Heat some olive or coconut oil in a frying on a medium – high heat and cook the patties until golden brown (about 5 minutes per side).
**These freeze well and can hold in the fridge for up to 2 days
TIP: Serve with sweet potato chips, salad, gluten-free / wholegrain bun of your choice OR you can even go bunless if you like… Whatever works for you Gorgeous!
I would love to know what you think of this recipe, and if you tried it out, in the comments below! It makes me SO happy to see your Healthy Girl inspired meals – don’t forget to tag me in your re-creations @healthygirl_with_a_sweettooth.