Cauliflower Buddha Bowl & Tahini Lemon Dressing
alk about licking the bowl good!
This Cauliflower Buddha Bowl is WITHOUT a doubt my new favorite lunch/dinner dish. All the flavors work splendidly together. There is nothing that I love more than coming up with yummy, nourishing and feel good homemade dishes like this one… ENJOY, Gorgeous!
Cauliflower Buddha Bowl
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 2-3 cups mixed greens (spinach, rocket, watercress etc)
- 1/3 cup flaked almonds, roasted
- A sprinkle of feta cheese
- Olive oil, salt and pepper
Tahini Lemon Dressing
- 4 tbsp tahini
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 warm water
- 1 tsp seasoning (Za’atar, cumin or paprika)
- Sprinkle of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- On a roasting tray, spread the chopped cauliflower. TIP: I like to line my roasting tray with baking paper – makes cleaning so much easier! Drizzle the cauliflower with some olive oil and then season with salt & pepper. Bake for about 30 minutes or until crispy.
- For the quinoa: Bring 2 cups of water to boil in a pot on the stove. Rinse your quinoa and then place it into the pot and allow to boil for a couple of minutes. Reduce temperature to a medium heat/gentle simmer, cover the pot and allow the quinoa to cook for about 15 minutes – until the water has been absorbed. Once cooked, fluff the quinoa up with a fork, remove from the heat, put the lid on and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Place all tahini lemon dressing ingredients into a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Now that everything is ready have some fun and create your beautiful buddha bowl!
(Inspired by: Jessica Sepel)
I would love to know what you think of this recipe and if you try it out in the comments below!