Raw Deconstructed Bar-One Slice
Good Morning Stunners,
BRACE yourselves for one of the most AMAZING recipe EVER!
This past Friday I swung past my faaaaaaavourite health store, Health On Broadway. As I got to the till to pay for my healthy groceries my eyes zoomed in on these totally delicious looking, freshly made Raw Deconstructed Bar-One Slices. Needless to say a slice was quickly added on to the rest of my purchases. After munching away my little Friday treat I was completely blown away and decided to make my very own batch that SAME afternoon.
A recipe that is SO scrumptious simply has to be shared! Luckily for us, Bianca, the owner of Health On Broadway, has very kindly allowed me to feature her wonderful recipe on the Healthy Girl blog… YAAAAY!
- 2 cups of raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 cup of dates (soaked)
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of raw peanuts
- 1 cup of cacao paste
- 1 cup of cacao butter
- 1/4 cup of honey
- Line a tray with cling wrap.
- Soak 1 cup of dates in water for 30 minutes
- In a food processor blend together all ingredients for the base/”nougat” layer (cashews, coconut oil and honey) until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into your tray and smooth out.
- Drain the dates and then mix together with the remaining caramel layer ingredients (honey, salt, coconut oil and vanilla. Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour the caramel layer over the “nougat” layer and smooth out.
- Layer your raw peanuts on top and refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
- Melt your chocolate layer ingredients (cacao paste and butter) and mix in the honey
- Remove your tray from the refrigerator and pour your chocolate sauce over.
- Refrigerate for another hour allowing the chocolate to set.
- Cut into slices.
A very big thank you to Health On Broadway for sharing this mouth watering raw treat with us! Like their Facebook page (here) to stay up to date with all things nutrition and holistic wellbeing.
To all the Durbanites reading this, make sure that you stop by this vibey health store! Find gluten, sugar and wheat-free alternatives and get your fix of herbal and nutrition supplements ALL stoked at Health On Broadway… WINNING!