MY FAVORITE HEALTHY PROTEIN PANCAKES
Happiness is…. Healthy Protein Pancakes!
It’s been awhile since I whipped up a batch of these deliciously fluffy pancakes and yesterday afternoon (after my run) all I could think about was pancakes! Ooh and what a satisfying post-workout they were! I hope that you will enjoy this recipe just as much as I do – PERFECT for a body-loving breakfast, body-fueling post-workout or simply just for when that cheeky little sweet tooth strikes!
Makes: 10 pancakes
- 1 whole free range egg
- 2 free range egg whites
- 2/3 cup oat flour*
- 1/3 cup vanilla protein powder/any protein powder alternative that you prefer
- ¼ cup coconut milk/milk of choice
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- Toppings: Greek yoghurt (plain OR mixed with some cinnamon and vanilla protein powder), banana and berries. Cinnamon, honey/sweetener and a squeeze of lemon is also really YUMMY!
* NOTE: If you wish to omit the protein powder you can use 1 cup of oat flour as opposed to 2/3 cup.
- Place all the wet ingredients into a bowl and mix well until smooth.
- Add your oat flour and protein powder. Whisk together until well combined.
- Preheat a pan on a medium to low heat. You can melt some coconut oil / butter on the pan if you like.
- Spoon two tablespoons of the batter on the pan. Once bubbles appear flip the pancake and cook on the other side for a couple of minutes.
- Repeat this until the batter is finished and you have 10 cute little pancakes!
I would love to know what you think of this recipe and if you try it out in the comments below!