Healthy Girl’s Gluten-Free Loaf Recipe
Healthy Girl’s Gluten-Free Loaf – A super simple and by far one of the best gluten-free homemade loafs you will ever try that also happens to make your house smell totally edible.
Finally a delicious (and when I say delicious…I mean DELICIOUS) Gluten-free health loaf for all of you Healthy Girls to make at home. This tasty loaf can be sliced and toasted. Amazing with hummus, smashed avo, eggs of your choice or enjoyed as is.
Healthy Girl’s Gluten-Free Loaf
Makes: 1 small loaf
1 cup Almond flour
1 cup Coconut flour
1 cup Pumpkin seeds
¼ cup Almond Butter
1 cup water
3 Tbsp Psyllium Husk
1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
½ cup Olive oil (or melted Coconut oil if you prefer*)
¼ cup Coconut milk
½ tsp salt
½ tsp dried Oregano, Parsley and Rosemary (the most amazing herby combination put together by my lovely new intern, Natasha!)
*NOTE: If olive oil is used, you will only need 1 cup of water as per instructions above. HOWEVER, if you opt for coconut oil instead – you will need to use 1 ½ cups water. We have tried both options and found that the coconut oil needed more water.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix all the ingredients together using a blender or food processor (you don’t have to do this, it just helps with chopping up the pumpkin seeds).
- The consistency should resemble damp sea sand… This sounds a bit strange but there is no other way to describe it. Haha!
- Transfer the mixture into the lined tin, smooth the surface with a spatula and bake for 30 mins.
- Cool completely before slicing.
Other Delicious Flavour Combinations For You To Try:
Instead of using the dried herbs, you can substitute it for – Kale and chilli flakes, Olive and Thyme or Feta and Rosemary. You could even turn this into a sweet loaf by adding dates, cocoa nibs, desiccated coconut, nuts and dried fruit etc
I would love to know what you think of this recipe, and if you tried it out, in the comments below! #HealthyGirl #HealthyGirlGang #HealthyGirlRecipe #TheHealthyGirlWay