TGIM! (Thank Goodness It’s Monday)…
I decided to try something new for breakfast this week… An egg in a hole! Not only is this a SUPER cute recipe, it’s easy to make and packed with all the goodness that eggs have to offer.
- 1 – 2 slices of lightly toasted rye bread
- 1 – 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Lightly toast your rye bread.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut a hole into the centre of your toast (get creative with the shapes, I love hearts as you can see).
- Place your toast onto an oven tray and carefully crack your egg into the hole.
- Place into the oven for about 10 minutes or until the egg has set – keep an eye on it.
- Sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- It’s as simple as that. ENJOY!
I would love to know what you think of this recipe and if you try it out in the comments below! P.S. As we kick off our Monday mornings remember to always look on the sunny side (see what I did there?)