Creamy Vegan Broccoli Bowl Recipe
To nourish is to flourish!
I ADORE nourish bowls because they are beyond easy to make, nutrient-dense and are super good for you. Typically these little healthful bowls are a combination of lots of veggies, whole grains, dressing and protein of your choice (plant-based or animal-based if you prefer). Eating this Creamy Vegan Broccoli Bowl is honestly like eating a little ray of sunshine… You feel so happy and satisfied afterwards! Try it out and you will see what I mean!
Creamy Vegan Broccoli Bowl
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ½ avocado
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds, raw
- ¼ Avocado, sliced
- Prepare the broccoli by cutting the florets into bite sized pieces and the stem into slices. Keep the florets and stems separate.
- Steam the stems and garlic cloves until tender. Remove and place the stems and garlic into a food processor.
- Steam the broccoli florets and add to a bowl with the quinoa.
- Add the zest, lemon juice, avo, almond butter, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, chilli flakes, and seasoning to the food processor. Blend until smooth. ¼ cup water can be added to create a thinner sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the quinoa and broccoli florets. Stir to mix the sauce throughout.
- Top the quinoa and broccoli bowl with sliced avo and slivered almonds.
I would love to know what you think of this recipe, and if you tried it out, in the comments below! It makes me SO happy stop see your Healthy Girl inspired recipes – don’t forget to tag me in your creations @healthygirl_with_a_sweettooth.