Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Recipe
You guys know how much I love a GOOD healthy food swap!
Why not try swap out your traditional alfredo sauce for this AMAZING Healthy Girl inspired CAULIFLOWER alfredo sauce? You will honestly barely even be able to tell the difference PLUS you will get in some beautiful added veggies goodness – what a win!
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- A pinch (or two) Cayenne pepper
- Gluten-free brown rice noodles OR any other noddle that you prefer (gluten-free is recommneded).
- Steam the cauliflower until soft
- In a pan, add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, chopped onion and minced garlic. Cook until the onions are soft and translucent.
- In a food processor, add the cooked onion and garlic, steamed cauliflower and coconut milk. Pulse until a smooth consistency forms.
- Transfer the pulsed cauliflower sauce into a pan with the remainder of the olive oil (1 tablespoon).
- Season the sauce with the thyme, nutmeg, salt, pepper, dried parsley and cayenne pepper.
- Cook for a further two mins and then switch off the heat.
- Serve it with any Gluten free pasta of your choice and enjoy eating every last bit.
- Your choice of protein – plant-based or animal based can easily be incorporated into this dish.
- You can add some good quality parmesan cheese if you like.
- If bacon is your thing (look for good quality) then crisp some up, roast a few cherry tomatoes and top this delicious dish with them.
- Feel free to use fresh herbs instead of dried – whatever works for you!
I would love to know what you think of this recipe and if you tried it out in the comments below. It makes me so happy to see your Healthy Girl inspired recipes – be sure to tag me @healthygirl_with_a_sweettooth!